Wednesday 21 August 2013

SITC 2013

Summer in the City is a gathering / meet up where fans can meet their favourite YouTubers and can enjoy live entertainment such as film making panels and musicians. 


Most of the big names of YouTube attended this years event hosted at London's Alexander Palace such as Jack & Finn, Alfie Deyes, Marcus Butler, Caspar Lee, Tyler Oakley, Zoella and so many more! 

In total there were 7000 attendees which was quite scary at times. I really don't like crowds of people so being trapped in queues for hours on end was slightly intimidating but it was well worth it to meet some of my favourite YouTubers. 

We arrived at the venue early on Saturday and as soon as we walked through the door we bumped in the amazing giant that is Jim Chapman and got to take a few selfies with him! 


He was so polite and genuine to everyone he met. 

Once we had bumped into one YouTuber, we saw a few more across the room including the guy with cray cray hair, Benjamin Cook and one half of Jack and Dean, Jack Howard!


We really wanted to meet Dan and Phil but their queue was cut off by security because it was so long! We decided to abandon that idea and went to the main stage to watch some live acts that included: 
- Tom Law
- The Vamps
- Anavae 
- Tessa Violet
- Musical Bethan
- Emma Blackery
- Hank Green
- Lancifer 
& quite a few more that I'm struggling to remember the names of!

On Sunday we arrived bright and early again and battled around London Underground to get to the venue for day two. 

We got in really quickly on Sunday which was quite surprising. Once I got inside I went to the Alfie and Marcus meet and greet queue. I literally queued for an hour and a half but it was so worth it to meet two of the nicest people on YouTube! I walked up to them and they both put their arms out to hug me and I didn't know what to do and then I heard Marcus say " Let's just go three-way"  so I ended up in a Malfie sandwich!


They even filmed a short promo video for my channel which you can watch at www.youtube.com/joshwavlogsofficial (it's the last video I uploaded and it's at the end) 

I was literally buzzing after meeting them, it was so surreal!

We really wanted to meet the fabulous Tyler Oakley but his queue was huge and was also cut off but I managed to film a great interview with him which you can find on my YouTube Channel. 

I don't quite know how this next bit happened... One minute we were chilling on the floor and the next, we were in a crowd of people raving and dancing to Lancifer on the main stage! 

We were in the crowd for quite a while, and it just got too claustrophobic for me so I went to sit down on my tod! This turned out to be a very good decision because I then bumped into Joe Sugg (ThatcherJoe) and got a quick selfie! 


I have uploaded two brand new videos on my YouTube Channel that feature: 
- INTERVIEW WITH TYLER OAKLEY
- YOUTUBER Q&A WITH TROYE SIVAN, TYLER OAKLEY, LUKE CUTFORTH, MARCUS BUTLER AND CASPAR LEE.
- CHANNEL PROMO FROM ME, ALFIE DEYES AND MARCUS BUTLER. 
- MUSIC FROM LANCIFER. 
AND EMBARRASSING DANCING FROM ME AND MY FRIENDS!

I had an amazing time at Summer in the City this year and will definitely be going next year! I'd really like to thank the organisers of the event for doing such a good job. Just make it longer next time! 

Comment below if you also went to SitC this year or if you would like go next year. 

Remember you can watch some of my SitC videos on my YouTube Channel (link in my 'Social Sites' tab) don't forget to subscribe and share while you're there

Thank you for reading! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment