Monday 12 August 2013

NEWQUAY

As you may already know I went on a family holiday to Newquay last week. We did so much and I took so many pictures that I want to share with you! 

We stayed in our own apartment about five minutes away from the famous surfing spot, Fistral Beach. When we arrived, (bearing in mind we were still in England) it obviously rained. But the weather started to look up part way through the week. 

I'm really bad a swimming and have a massive phobia of open water so I was more than happy to sit on the beach trying to get a tan rather than jumping in the sea! Despite this, I overcame my fear and went body boarding. I was really nervous but once I realised that I was surrounded by people and lifeguards, I was fine and even managed to ride a few waves! 

We happened to be staying there while the Boardmasters Surf Festival was on. (This used to be a big surfing competition with some live music but now it's just a music festival). We were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of The 1975 performing some of their songs!

I had such a good time in Newquay so I urge anyone in the UK who wants a break to go down and catch some waves! 

Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube - www.youtube.com/joshwavlogsofficial 
And follow my Twitter - www.twitter.com/joshwavlogs 
And finally my Instagram - www.instagram.com/hola_joshwa

 

Thanks for reading & if anyone is going to SitC this weekend, comment below!

See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sunset pictures! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newquay is such a nice place, I love it down there!

    ReplyDelete