Monday 25 November 2013

30STM & YMAS

After a long wait, last night me and two friends got to see the massive American band Thirty Seconds To Mars and the 'bon bloody brilliant' British band, You Me At Six at the newly branded Phones 4 U Arena in Manchester, UK. 

           Sophia, Kayleigh and me

I've been a big fan of both of these bands for a few years now and loads of people had told me how amazing they are in concert and I knew I had to see them. (After all YMAS got me an A* in a media project!)

When I found out that they were doing a tour together, we got tickets straight away and I've been excited for the gig for quite a few months. The concert was rescheduled which meant that we had to wait another week but it was definitely worth it!

After driving around Manchester trying to find a parking space for a while, we decided to just take a cold walk through the city and stumbled upon the Christmas market. 

We only walked through but it all looked amazing!

We finally made it to the arena and despite how my pictures look, we actually had a good view and we're relatively close for seating. 

You Me At Six came on stage and me and my friends weren't afraid to get up and sing the lyrics. They sung all of my favourite songs from Lived A Lie, Underdog and Reckless. They got mosh pits going and people crowd surfing!
During their song, Crash, they asked for phone lights to be turned on and suddenly a sea of bright lights flooded the arena. 

You Me At Six opening the show

The crowd during You Me At Six's, Crash.

You Me At Six finished their set and it was time for Thirty Seconds To Mars. 

They really put on a show, from the lighting to the confetti and the balloons and of course, the music! 

Confetti balloons : Thirty Seconds To Mars

They performed all of the best songs including City Of Angels, Hurricane & Closer To The Edge. Jared even performed some acoustic songs and took requests from the rowdy audience. The arena was full of waving arms, mosh pits, crowd surfers, balloons and the iconic 30STM triad symbol. It was amazing to see so many other fans all brought together. 


If you aren't already aware, Jared honestly resembles Jesus right now but he's the sort of Jesus that runs a massive music cult. 

Jared 'Jesus' Leto

Overall the night was literally amazing and I wanted to stay forever! Both bands were sooo good and I'm glad I got to see them both in the same place! 

Thirty Seconds To Mars 

You Me At Six

The lights during the show were crazy!

Thank you for reading, you can follow my social networking sites for regular updates and pictures from me! 
Don't forget to show your grandparents, they'll love it; they probably won't know what I'm talking about, but they'll love it!
Back soon!

(All photographs were taken by myself on 25/11/13 and will be added to my gallery shortly, please contact before using)

No comments:

Post a Comment